Sunday, February 10, 2013

What are you looking at?


I went shopping with a friend the other day. It was cold. Tempted by the idea of some wooly jumper warmth, we walked into Bennetton. On a big table full of jumpers in different colours, two beautiful young ladies were having a bit of a cuddle. They were naked from the waist up. No jumpers.

What were they doing there? And why were they doing that? Were they lesbians, or just cold? Perhaps a bit of both? You might have sussed by now that I’m talking about a poster. But it was really big and lifelike. It felt like the ladies in question were jumping out of the poster and right into my face in all their jumperless glory. It was kind of embarrasing.

I asked my friend what she thought about the poster, and the young ladies, and the fact that between them, they had very little clothing. My friend gave me a quizzical look. She hadn’t noticed the poster. And having been made aware of it, she wasn’t particularly interested.

We went on shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment